Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help designing HP,BP,LP filter with LM100CCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

iONic

I have the following two chips, LM10CCN and the LM100CCN for which I was going to make a circuit. The signal input will be from the headphone output of a portable MP3 player. One or the other of these chips, not sure which, was to separate the inpt sound into High, Mid, and Low frequencies, Hence I need to make the chips perform as a High-Pass, Band-Pass, and Low-Pass filters. The output of these three separate signals will controll three different color
LED's in a pair of goggles. I already have the circuit that makes the LED's flash based on signal intensity. I bought these chips thinking it would be easy to build the circuit, but was lost when reading the datasheets!

If anyone can aid me in designing this I would be most helpfull.

DATASHEETS CAN BE FOUND HERE:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/MF10.pdf

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/10/LMF100.pdf

Aproximate ranges:

Bass - 20Hz - 200Hz
Midtone - 200Hz - 500Hz
Trebble - 500Hz - 20kHz

These are switched capacitor filters, they need a clock. I've used Linear Tech's switched cap filters, via filtercad they offer. These are older generation chips, so you'll have to drill through the formulae to get the proper resistor/capacitor values for your cutoffs (as well as the clock).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back