Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for annunciator project

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectthief

Hey Guys
I am a 42 year old studiying to be an electrician in New Zealand. I have to know PLCs to get my unit standards for the licence. (i dont see the connection).The project reads as follows

" The project provides for a 15 input alarm annunciator system. The system has a common flasher unit, an alarm accept, alarm acknowledge, alarm reset push buttons.
Each of the 15 alarms are either initiated by a fleeting fault or long time connected fault. when such a fault occors then an audible alarm is raised and that particular alarm point light flashes at a fast pace. once the accept button is pressed then the audible alarm stops but the flashing light should continue flashing till acknowledge. Once acknowledged if the fault condition persists the flashing light changes to a steady light. once fault is cleared the light flashes but more slowly. now if the reset button is pressed then the light switches off.
this project envisages the use of push buttons, LED's Loud speakers etc apart from the ladder logic"

Can any of you folks tell me the hardware I will need compatible with schneider-electric (telemecanique) PLC. and how to cut my teeth on ladder logic in a short time?

Yours truly

Al Fearn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back