Help for designing high frequency transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam185

Hello every one,

I am new in transformer design can anybody give me guidelines of designing a high frequency transformer.

First of all, define "high frequency" 400hz, 40khz, 400khz ???

Secondly, how much power, mW, W, kW, MW ???

JimB

Sir thank you for your reply. I want to design a 434 watt & 100hz transformer. As I want to step up power from a 12V, 9A battery to 24V, 18A. Kindly suggest me the type of core and according to it the calculation of number of primary, secondary turns, copper wire thickness etc.

Last edited:
Why only 100Hz? Do you mean 100kHz? A higher frequency allows the use of a much smaller transformer.

You need a lot more than a transformer. What is the inverter circuit you will use?

You can't step a 12V, 9A battery to 24V, 18A since that means you would get more power out then you put in. The output would be 24V, 4.5A (assuming 100% efficiency).

Thanks for your reply sir. Actually then I am planning to step up the voltage using the transformer and boost up the current. But the voltage then will be reduce. Can you suggest any circuit that can boost up both current and voltage proportionally.

What will be the number of turns on primary and secondary for a 100khz transformer and the copper wire thickness. please give me the formula.

Thanks for your reply sir. Actually then I am planning to step up the voltage using the transformer and boost up the current. But the voltage then will be reduce. Can you suggest any circuit that can boost up both current and voltage proportionally.
Only the over-unity folks can help you with that. As I said you can't simultaneously boost both voltage and current, since that means you are getting more output power than the input power, which violates the conservation of energy law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…