Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: how can i plot my data from microcontroller to pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanonair

Sirs and mams!

I have a microcontroller and i connect it via serial port to my pc. I want to plot my data real-time using a GUI. But i dont know how? Can you help me. Thanks a lot!

Serial communication with PC using a microcontroller is not a big deal. If you can specify the microcontroller it would be easy for the "Sirs and Mams" here to help you

ivanonair said:
I am using a zilog xp microcontroller.

hi,
If the connection is RS232 and the data format of a common standard the Win program will not care which MCU you are using.

Whats the data type and format etc...

Another link here for you:

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the links! Is there any GUI made out from VB or Matlab can i download? Coz i dont have any idea on GUI programming. All i need is a program which can plot my data from zilog mcu real time (sine waveform or any kind of waveform or line) thanks!

ivanonair said:
Thanks for the links! Is there any GUI made out from VB or Matlab can i download? Coz i dont have any idea on GUI programming. All i need is a program which can plot my data from zilog mcu real time (sine waveform or any kind of waveform or line) thanks!

Are you asking for VB source code?

Not exactly a VB source code. But maybe a source code too, but i think that is too much coz its the programmer's intellectual property. Maybe sample programs or codes on VB or Matlab which I can make a real-time plotting GUI from serial port that i can study with, and make my own GUI.

ivanonair said:
Not exactly a VB source code. But maybe a source code too, but i think that is too much coz its the programmer's intellectual property. Maybe sample programs or codes on VB or Matlab which I can make a real-time plotting GUI from serial port that i can study with, and make my
own GUI.

I dont mean the VB programme itself.:)

I mean source code for a VB, RS232 plotting program.
Do you have the the Visual Basic 5 PROGRAM in your PC?

Oh sorry sir :) I do have a VB on my pc. Can you help me how to make GUI using VB? I really need it for our project. Thanks a lot sir!

ivanonair said:
Oh sorry sir :) I do have a VB on my pc. Can you help me how to make GUI using VB? I really need it for our project. Thanks a lot sir!

Look here:
This site is excellent for source code, I suggest you register.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back