help in a sound sensor it's an emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed-max

hi all, i'm a new member in the forum and i know that new members does not suppose to ask question from the begining but sorry guy it's an emergency.
i want to build a sound sensor that based on transistors (or has a transistor ) . i searched on the net but it's all topo complicated .
I've found this shcema of a sound sensor but it's complicated and uncompleted (that's where you guys come ) .
i want it to be simple when there is a sound a LED lights on or sth like that
here is the schema :
**broken link removed**
and thx for the work
i promiss that i will be a good member because i want to be like u guys .

there is the picture in the attachements to who couldn't see the picture

Attachments

• simplepreamp.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
it's my test of physics .
there is some uncompicatedsensors like lights sensors but it's already done by my classmate and the truth is , I want some extra point

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

OMG! OH NOES! TEH MERGENCIES!!!

Quick man, what's the peak-to-peak voltage on C2 when you yell into the microphone?

You might be able to stick an LED with a dropping resistor on the collector, but you are going to have to bias that gate correctly AND PRAY FOR DECENT GAIN FROM THAT ELECTRET!

FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN YOU'VE GOT THE LED BACKWARDS!!!

Try to focus - I know this is an emergency, but you have to STAY CALM!

Replace R3 in the first circuit with a 330 ohm resistor and an LED. The LED goes the other way around from what you drew above. See if you get any light, and SEE IF IT WILL RESPOND TO SOUND! TALK TO IT! KEEP TALKING TO IT! THE LIGHT MAY FLICKER, THERE MAY YET BE SOME FAINT GLIMMER OF LIFE LEFT IN THAT FIRST CIRCUIT!!!

Last edited:
No, no - where R3 IS! REPLACE R3 WITH A RESISTOR AND AN LED! POINT THE LED TOWARDS THE TRANSISTOR!! USE THE ORIGINAL CIRCUIT EXCEPT FOR R3 AND C2!!!

HURRY! IT'S AN EMERGENCY!!!!

**broken link removed**

Try that for the sensor, yes. May have to change the bias or add a second transistor in a "Darlington" configuration, but it is close to a simple sound-activated light.

What do you mean by "generator"?

Worry about the bias in a moment - connect this circuit, see if you get a flicker of light when you speak into the microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…