help in a sound sensor it's an emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the third transistor provides the gain. Scrooge's has a "charge pump" - see the diode on the base of the second transistor? Imagine that's one valve, and the base-emitter junction is another, and C2 is a cylinder that moves back and forth - works like a pump.

I simply copied your first posted preamp circuit.
Its output level is low because the input impedance of the transistor is so low that it loads down (attenuates) the medium output impedance level from the microphone.

My second transistor is a high input impedance half-wave rectifier. When the signal at its base goes positive (C2 charges) then it conducts and makes its emitter go positive and charge the filter capacitor.
The diode discharges C2 when the signal goes negative.

If the diode is missing then C2 keeps charging each half-cycle then it does not turn on the second transistor anymore.

ok thx but if i will put a potetiometer where is what is the best resistor to replace it ?
and one more question it should be red ??? lol
and can i put 4 LEDs insted of 1 in the circuit or it will affect the performance?

Put a 100K pot connected as a rheostat in place of the second 100k resistor that's in parallel with the diode.

It does not have to be red.

If you run it at only 3V, you can only use 1 led. If you run it at 6V, you can have 2 or 3 leds in series.

You can add stuff if you want.

Attachments

• snowboard.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 139
  • sound to blink many LEDs.PNG
    12.2 KB · Views: 172
thx dude i don't know how to thank u that it for the questions but i will keep my promise about being an active member

the 160 , 120 , 100 kohm or ohm?
The LEDs are fairly bright when their current is 20mA.
160k ohms in series with 3 red LEDs and a 9V supply results in a current of only 22.5uA so the LEDs will be extremely dim.
160 ohms in series with 3 red LEDs and a 9V supply results in a current of 22mA so the LEDs will be fairly bright.

If I write 160 then it is 160 ohms. If I write 160k then it is 160k ohms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…