Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!!lcd based tachogenerator (it was put up in march 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimov_18

hi friends
last year in march there was a circuit put up for led/lcd tacho generator.i am working on the lcd variant . there was a programme put up which was to be made in Crownhill Picbasic Lite for pic micro16f84a.but the current demo version doesnt support 16f84a . this is the software written by STEVE from canada(nicknamed: CSABA911).
could any one please send me the hex file for this programme:
DEVICE 16F84
DECLARE XTAL 4
DECLARE LCD_TYPE 0
DECLARE LCD_DTPIN PORTB.4
DECLARE LCD_ENPIN PORTB.3
DECLARE LCD_RSPIN PORTB.2
DECLARE LCD_INTERFACE 4
DECLARE LCD_LINES 1
PRINT $FE,128
W0 VAR WORD

START:
COUNT porta.0,1000,W0 ' COUNT FOR 1 SEC
W0=(W0*10)/2
CLS
PRINT DEC W0*6," RPM "
GOTO START **broken link removed**

Attachments

• taco.gif
    taco.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,323
The code isn't any different for an 84 or an 84A, the A is just a later silicon revision - there may be very minor changes, but none to the code. Any changes will be given in the Migration document at MicroChip, assuming it's still there?, as both chips are long obselete!.

You could probably get this working with various examples on the web. Counting pulses over 1 second is not too hard. Writing to a LCD is available in many places on the web.

The bits where you may fall over are:
The R/W line (of the LCD) is not connected, so most of the examples on the net won't work. Solution, connect the R/W line to RB1.

The code simply counts pulses for 1 second and then displays the result*30. Is this a model airplane tachometer as it requires 2 pulses per rev, as you would get from a propeller?

I just checked and Nigel has all the examples you need in his tutorial only for the 16F628. Buy a new chip and start learning.

HTH

Mike.
P.S. It's always more rewarding when you work it out for yourself.

I did send it to your E-Mail !

Anyway..

Here you go again !

STEVE

This is the one I'm using even today !

Attachments

• rpm.zip
    926 bytes · Views: 208
  • rpm.gif
    rpm.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 945
Status