Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with the simplest R/C please

Status
Not open for further replies.

burekmaker

Hi!
As a school project I had in mind to build a simple remote controled bulb (it could be turned on or off remotely). Please give me some ideas or maybe schematics.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• remote.JPG
    remote.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 151
Use IR

You could use an old IR remote control from a TV and build a circuit that detects IR to then trip a relay to turn on the light.

Modify this one to suit your need.

**broken link removed**

I had in mind something like remote controled cars - toys (i believe it is electromagnetic signal). Its no use taking it from somewhere.. i should make my own transmitter and receiver so im looking for some schematics.. i found some simple transmitters like that:
**broken link removed**

but I've no idea how to make receiver for this kind of receiver.. i dont really understand how it works.. how to detect signal from transmitter ;)
tnx

With the antenna I assume it has to be RF?

Google for simplest RF receiver and transmitter for a start.

If RF is not required, IR from an old remote control can be used at one end.. To fire what Wayne2056 offered at the other end.

Last edited:
Lets say for example i have this transmitter:
**broken link removed**

and this receiver:
**broken link removed**

How would i turn on and off my LED? how to connect and how this works ;)
tnx

On the receiver you could remove the relay and add an LED and current limiting resistor. Use ohms law to calculate the resistor size.

With the SCR you will have to push the switch to turn it off. So this circuit might not work for what you want, you will have to be at the receiver to disable it. Or change that part of the design as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back