Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Buzzer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spasm

Hi All,

I'm not very good at designing circuits, and would like to enquire about building a small circuit. I would like to design a circuit with a buzzer that activates when a signal is transmitted from a microcontroller. This means when then microcontroller outputs a high (TTL), the buzzer activates. I would like to couple the buzzer to a 9V battery.
Please help.

Thanx

a few ways to do that .............

Attachments

• Untitled_161.gif
    Untitled_161.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,057
The circuit posted should have a resistor in series with the LED in the opto coupler in order to limit the current. I suggest 330 Ohm.

Also, the buzzer appears to be reversed. He has shown the + side of it connected to the - side of the battery via the opto.

Len

ljcox is correct on both counts , Iposted the wrong drawing. I just got hijaak to migrate DXF to GIF and was learning that program.....sorry. Correct file:

Attachments

• buzzer.GIF
    buzzer.GIF
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,216
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back