Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on walkie talkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamm3rst0rm

can anyone help me to upgrade my walkie talkie?.. my walkie talkie has a range of 100meters.. wondering if i can upgrade it to about 1kilometer?! wondering if that is possible..:rolleyes:

hamm3rst0rm said:
can anyone help me to upgrade my walkie talkie?.. my walkie talkie has a range of 100meters.. wondering if i can upgrade it to about 1kilometer?! wondering if that is possible..:rolleyes:

Basically NO - presumably it's licence free?, so it's range is limited by those conditions.

If it is an FRS radio then you can increase the range quite a lot by simply holding it higher off the ground. Height is very important. If you are in a building, go to a higher floor and go near the window. If you are outdoors, go to higher ground, climb a tree, or bring a ladder and climb it.

If it is a CB radio (27 MHz), then height will help only a little bit so there is not much you can do.

Another thing to be aware of is to not adjust your Squelch control too tight. Squelch should be rotated to a point where background noise just disappears.

Changing a coil in a simple and cheap circuit won't add many transistors or ICs to it to increase the power output of the transmitter or to increase the sensitivity of the receiver.
Simple and cheap is simple and cheap. The walkie-talkies are toys.

what kind of walkie talkie? we talking cb band gi-joe, cb band 5watt portable, 49mhz, or one of the fmrs ones.. 100 meters is not good at all if it's say a cobra 5watt handheld cb. and they can be tuned. actually 100 meters is only acceptable in the case of a cheap toy, say gi-joe walkie talkies...

Where can anybody buy Baisin today? I haven't seen any for many years.
I don't think Baisin is made anymore.

audioguru said:
Where can anybody buy Baisin today? I haven't seen any for many years.
I don't think Baisin is made anymore.

Nowadays, I think most people use tumeric as an alternative since real Baisin is very expensive.

It's a herb? I have never tasted any Baisin.
Does it taste like a raisin?

Maybe people in Pakistan pour Baisin flour into cheap walkie-talkies to increase their power.

So thats the gooey stuff that they pour all over random locations on some of my salvaged boards! They would pour it on caps, chips, and some inductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back