Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zof

I need an antibark skheme for my neibourghn dog! Must work at 60 feets. I have an saa1124 for ultrasound remote control but i d'ont have scheme. I want a tested scheme, because i build somethings schems by internet ant d'ont work. zof (iuliu_ioan@yahoo.com)

Wouldn't it be easier just to stay out of their yard?

Ultrasound will do nothing, except maybe start the dog barking. It's used as a training device. If the dog hasn't been trained for specific response, the response is usually barking. The ultrasonic protection devices? It's just a loud burst of sound, mostly just briefly confuses, might scare some, provoke others.

You need to talk to the owners, and ask them to train their dog. Search Google and gets some helpful tips for them to use. The dog is just doing his job.

zof said:
I need an antibark skheme for my neibourghn dog! Must work at 60 feets. I have an saa1124 for ultrasound remote control but i d'ont have scheme. I want a tested scheme, because i build somethings schems by internet ant d'ont work. zof (iuliu_ioan@yahoo.com)
What makes you think that there is any scheme that will work?

Doesn't your city have an anti-noise law? Get your city to show what happens to noisy city dogs that belong on a farm.

or, you could try talking to your neighbour. Our neighbour has called our town to have an inspector sent out 10 times, until the town rep told her to get lost. Seems that out of all of the neighbours surrounding us....shes the only one that hears the barking. Strange thing though....she reports of barking outside all day....but my dog spends the entire day inside sleeping on our bed, ......hmmmmm.
Now that she cant get any satisfaction with the town, shes tried a different tactic....now she calls the humaine society that we are abusing our dog...(no food or water)...although after speaking to the inspector.....I doubt that hes going to take her any more seriously than the town. Ive given him permission to enter our yard any time of the day or nite to check the dog.
Strangely enough...even though Ive had problems before with neighbours, Ive never had to call the authorities, or had to bathe them in subsonics......Ive simply gone to them, and talked to them about the problem.
About a year ago our immediate neighbours went away, leaving 19 and 22 year olds alone in the house. That nite there was a HUGE party that went on until 4 in the morning , with kids running around our front lawn, drunk, and parking in our driveway. Did I call the cops....nope, just waited until the parents came home the following day, dinged their doorbell, and told them what happened when they were away. There have been parties since, but they have all stopped at 11pm, and have all been contained within the house.

My point in all of this......
total number of times reported-12
total number of times inspectors have even found the dog outside-0
total number of times that my neighbour has spoken to us about this-0

This (along with neighbours beaming sub sonic frequencies into others yards) is the type of thing that makes neighbours start shooting at each other.

Last edited:
this brings up another interesting question....why the hell do people think that aiming ultrasonics at anything will stop it in its tracks.
Any time Ive seen ultrasonics used....on animals OR humans the animal/person has freaked out worse than they originally were.
And since when is bathing anyone/anything with ultrasonics ethical...or even LEGAL.

I guess it could work....heres the senario:
-you aim ultrasonics at dog
-neighbour calls the cops
-cops throw you in jail for endangering, and using inhumaine item on dog
-you get a nice quiet jail cell for a few days
-only thing you need to listen to, is bunkmates butt-banging each other
....all is well!

audioguru said:
Doesn't your city have an anti-noise law? Get your city to show what happens to noisy city dogs that belong on a farm.
He, he now there's a real laugh. Good luck. Let me tell you of my former neighbors Labradors that had a chronic barking problem. From 7am until 11pm or later they would remain outside and chronically bark and claw at the door. The owners weren't home all that much so the three dogs took turns at disturbing the neighborhood. After talking with him about it as well as other neighbors requests for him to control his dogs, his response was "tough... they'll come in when I bring them in. So now things escalate to multiple visits from police and animal control dept. as well as a litter of squealing puppies. Still no improvement and the smell from their waste that never got scooped up is adding to the unbearable situation. More visits from police and animal control only now with threats of citations. Still no improvement and now the owner is becomes threatening to those of us around him. One woman neighbor sells her home and moves. Things escalate even more as now he and his wife are often arguing loudly and throwing dishes and driving vary fast down the street. A relative of mine who is the animal control officer visits me and witnesses how uncontrollable and chronic those animals are. To my surprise and huge disappointment, I was required to keep a list of dates/times of the barking episodes for at least a month and then present it to a District Magistrate.... even videotaping them if possible. Now I'm the one that's been rudely inconvenienced for 2 years worth of tolerating chronic barking and now I have to substantiate further proof for the animal officer to present a case!!!!!:mad: Wrong.... Fortunately I happened to find a new home far away, as luck would have it. Last I knew was the owners had their mortgage foreclosed and they were back to living out of a small home in a dumpy lifestyle along with their 3 dogs that deserve to get flattened by an 18 wheeler.

It's rarely the animal's fault, they respond as expected. The people who keep pets, need to be responsiable for their care and training. I had my last dog for 12 years, and no problems. A few canadians the spend the winters down here in Florida would complain about me walking him off the leash everyday, but just because he was huge, not vicious. Dogs are only a problem when they have poor leadership.

Oh, forgot to mention...

Ultrasonic frequencies are just sounds to animals, to have any real effect, the sound must be painfully loud. Even though humans can hear it, it can still damage your hearing. Just like infrared light can damage your eyes, eventhough you can't see it. 60 feet is too great a distance for sound anyway.

HarveyH42 said:
Even though humans can hear it, it can still damage your hearing.
Can it?

I thought that was only a hazard underwater. The inner ear acts as a low pass filter so not much sound actually reaces the cochlear which is where the damges is done. Underwater the sound gets conducted through the flesh and bones to the inner ear and can destroy it. You can also hear intense ultrasound underwater and some people have detected sounds as high as 200kHz! I'm thinking about making a bat detector that works on this principle but that's for another thread, when I've got the time to think about it.

HarveyH42 said:
Oh, forgot to mention...

Ultrasonic frequencies are just sounds to animals, to have any real effect, the sound must be painfully loud. Even though humans can hear it, it can still damage your hearing. Just like infrared light can damage your eyes, eventhough you can't see it. 60 feet is too great a distance for sound anyway.
update:

More recent research has disproved earler finding in that problems were caused due to side frequencys in the audiable range not ultrasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back