Help putting together some off the shelf low voltage heating components

abapper

Hi everyone..

I'm looking to put together a small personal project and need help with the components.

Ideally, I'd need all the components to fit inside this box.

In an approximate 5" x 6" x 3" plastic box (2-3mm thick with no other insulation at this point) where the volume will be ~50% consumed by an existing object, I want to raise the internal air temperature from 72F to about 75F.

The heating element should cycle on / off as the temp reaches 75F max and 72 min.

This would be used 100% indoors and ambient (external to my enclosed box) temps would never dip below 60F while the heat box is in use.

I wanted to include a thermostat / controller / heating element / rechargeable battery pack inside the box. The size of the box can vary a little to accommodate all these components.

I was looking at using components such as these:
  1. thermostat / controller
  2. heating element

But I am confused if I can find a small enough battery to power these as they are 12V.

Should i be looking for lower voltage versions to accommodate a smaller USB C rechargeable battery? Are there similar components that operate on lower voltage?

Is there anything I'm missing?

thanks!

You say that the room is never below 60°F, what is the maximum temp of the room?
the max temp of the room would be 72F. so basically, I want to heat the interior of the box from 72 to 75F
How long do you expect the batteries to last? And how often is the room cooler than 72°F? And what is the teypical temperature of the room?

Ideally, I would like to only have to charge the battery once per day but with a max use of 8 hours (let's call this overnight). I 'd like that once the interior of the box reaches desired temp, the controller would cycle off to help reach the 8 hour utilization time.

The room outside of the box may get colder - let's say 65F but I'm hoping that the somewhat enclosed nature of the heat box will make it easier to keep the interior box temp above 72F

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…