help reading pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknician

Hi all,

i really need help to get started i am confuse and have many questions but dont know what to do.

i am computer technician and want to know read and detect problem in electronic circuits i dont know where to get started.

i had one electronic interactive book GCSE O Level that i studied it explain me the basic about following

register
diode
transistor
capacitor etc

about soldering i can take tutorial

but i am confuse how to read a board and how identify the problem where to get started on my diagnosis because if you can identify changing wont be such a big task isnt it ?

best regds
teKnician

but i am confuse how to read a board and how identify the problem where to get started on my diagnosis because if you can identify changing wont be such a big task isnt it ?
Well, a schematic helps. It also helps to be familiar with what all the "theoretical parts" look like in real life.
How you go about tracing a fault, has a lot to do with what type of circuit you're dealing with. ie: you could approach a duff 5 stage transistor amplifier circuit by using "divide and conquer" technique. You'd measure the signal at the input and see nothing on the output. Then, to save time, you'd check the middle stage. If the signal was there you'd work towards the output stage. If not, you'd work towards the input stage with the same "divide in half and conquer" technique.
If you don't have a schematic it is SO much more difficult and almost impossible for the beginner to do unless it is very obvious such as a burnt component.

teknician said:
i am computer technician and want to know read and detect problem in electronic circuits i dont know where to get started.

I suggest you Google for basic electronics for a start. It takes time and effort to become proficient enough in electronics to fault find.

At our local library is a set of books called something along the lines of "Troubleshooting and repairing consumer audio electronics without a schematic", which has a bunch of simple techniques you can use. Your local library might have something similar, if not the same books.

Also, the sci.electronics.repair FAQ at http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Repair.html should keep you busy for a while.

Here's one electronics tutorial: **broken link removed**

Googling for "electronics tutorial" will find you many more helpful pages too.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…