Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required! urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyma

I'm trying to build a module that generates Gaussian noise using labVIEW software. It is required that this gaussian signal generator be flexible enough to read the values of mean and variance from the user.

For this, I've used the MATLAB script function available in MATLAB and wrote a MATLAB code using the randn() function, but later realized none of the pc's that i'm working on have both MATLAB and LabVIEW installed in them. Installing MATLAB would be a simple solution, but instead i now want to build the module using the available LabVIEW functions and tools.

Can anyone suggest me any other way to achieve the same??

Hello,

What's the hurry?

Is white gaussian good enough? I dont use Matlab but i would bet it has a random number generator who's mean is 0.5 so you can probably just use that.
You can calculate the mean and variance from the values that it generates.

<chuckle> ha ha guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back