Help solving a puzzle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyverdwn

I need to know the terminal resistance for each, with all the resistors being 1K ohm in value for this configuration:
Code:
           o---ZZZ---o---ZZZ---o
           /\             /\              /
          Z  Z          Z Z           Z
         Z    Z        Z    Z        Z
        Z       Z     Z       Z     Z
       /          \   /           \   /
      o---ZZZ--o---ZZZ--- o
where ZZZ are the 1K ohm resistors
and o are the connections points

HELP......

The pic above does not seem to display properly so I have attached a pic and also in the next message a link

Attachments

• a360f809-42c0-450f-bb7a-0b2dda9d2e35.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
If you put
Code:
 before your diagram and [/co[I][/I]de] after it, then the BBS software won't remove all the spaces and it might make sense.

Mike.

Answer of 42

Can you explain how you arrived at 42 Ohms? I understand the formula for a single delta config Rxy = (RA+RB)RC/(RA+RB+RC) so do I start on the left and "cascade" the calculated value over to the delta config to the right as I solve for it?

hi,
Why don't you make it and measure the resistance with a ohm meter.?

Last edited:
I think the OP in an earlier post said that 618.xR was not the answer,
most likely he's not given us the full question.

Once I saw a similar puzzle, but it had an infinite number of triangles to the left side (or was it made with squares? I don´t remember, it was many years ago). This type of topologies ussualy make very good puzzles.

Perhaps this is the case, which of course has a diferent answer than the finite one we were solving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…