Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to identify HP LCD display: C8413-60153 AX4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnorman3

Hi all...I'm trying to get this display working...it's from an HP printer (can't remember the model#)

Numbers on the PCB are, C8413-60153 AX4 as well as some random numbers on the back.

I searched for the numbers on the PCB over the net with no luck. Someone said that some of these are generic and one should be able to figure out which contacts are for connecting to in order to get it working (over what protocol?? i2c,serial,rs232..etc...I have no idea). Does anyone know how to get this display working? Pictures are below:

**broken link removed**
View attachment 60596

**broken link removed**
View attachment 60597

Thanks,
RN

Last edited:
Sorry all...here's the correct links...also the links above are updated..

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

It very likely uses a Hitachi HD44780 LCD controller, which means that you can operate it without having to find specific HP information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_HD44780_LCD_controller
You can find the datasheet on any of the popular online datasheet archives such as
https://www.datasheetarchive.com/

The one problem you may encounter is that your particular LCD module appears to use zebra strip to connect it to the motherboard, and so it may use a non standard arrangement of signal pins.

Thanks BobW, I wish I could spend the time to put two and two togther and get this thing working but I was hoping there was an entire sheet for the entire display not just the controller (since I don't know which pins are which in this case....Perhaps there's not even 1 sheet covering the entire circuit I have here...I was hoping it was like an off-the-shelf display but now I'm thinking it is a part that was designed for specifically for HP...?

There are zillions of those alphanumeric LCD displays around. Though generally, the PCB has a standard pinout making them very easy to use. But, I haven't seen one that used that style of connector. Plus it appears to have twice as many connections as the more common type. Maybe one of the other members here has seen this type. You can buy the standard type so cheaply that it's hardly worth the effort to reverse engineer the oddball ones.

You may want to check out this site for other info on LCD display modules:
https://symlink.dk/electro/hd44780/
Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back