Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with computer control of circuits!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nye

I really want to build a circuit that can be controlled from the PC and that can give input to the PC....can you please tell me about a suitable website, needed equipment and software...is computer programming knowledge needed????

First off, what are you lookgin to control? You can use the parallel/printer port for some simplier control, and serial port if you need to control a lot.
Second of all, you are using it on a computer and you are looking to do it yourself (I'm assuming), so computer programming is a +

A (long) while back I was looking at controling a stepper motor through the parallel port. I just searched for info about programing the parallel port.

Also, I found this link on AVRfreaks and I thought it was quite applicable here.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back