Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Connecting Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have done was open up an easy button, took out the speaker cut the wires leaving the board connected a 20 second recording module form radio shack hooked it into the original board (for the switch) Now I put in another switch connected the +/- wires from a chip I got from the shock pen, then I took the +/- form the switch and recording module (each works individually connected to a 9V battery) and connected then together with soder and then Connected it to the 9v Battery, and recoding module won't work, when I switch on the shocking part it works, but not the recording module...

Here is a quick diagram of what I have
-->Recording Module->Switch (Speak Button)
->Audio Input
->Switch to Turn on Record
All works when connected directly to 9v battery
9v battery>--> Switch-->Shocking Circuit

So any ideas?

A schematic tells more than 1.000 words.

I am an amateur trying to turn an easy button into a programable shocking gag....
um let me try making it clearer
......... the Recording module had a 9v battery cable, speaker, mic, record button, and an activation button.....I replaced the mic with an audio jack and the record button with a switch. I then took of the button and soldered two wires to the connection and the other end to the original switch....all Works when connected to 9volt battery
........... now I took apart a shock pen from spencers and connected it to a different 9volt and it works
..............so i solder the connections to 9volt connections on the recording module and niether works,,,, I can't firgure out why.....the swtich for shock is off but recording module wont power up

I always wondered what those Easy buttons were supposed to do. So it records a 20 second clip for playback? Maybe your recording module didn't take kindly to being shocked-

They normally Say "That was easy", but by adding the chip and audio input jack I can modify what it says.

Now I want to cover the letters with copper and connect a shocking part (can I get an alternative one that is small but will connect to a switch and a 9v battey) the shock part I have is form Shock pen that orignaly had 3 of the little sound batteries that are the size of a pencil eraser

um I will upload a pic of it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back