Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Holtek HT12E

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansoor7777

Hi,

I have been simply reading on this forum for a while and now I have my 1st question. I am trying to make an RF remote control unit with Holtek HT12E. I need the 4 data inputs on the chip to control different functions. The datasheet indicates AD8-AD11 can be used as address or data depending on the application. There is no pin to allow for that selection. How to ensure these will be data (and not address). I am planning on using the HT12D for the decoder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The datasheet indicates AD8-AD11 can be used as address or data depending on the application. There is no pin to allow for that selection. How to ensure these will be data (and not address). Thanks

A0-A7 will be your address (must be the same on both the encoder and the decoder) you can connect any of these pins low or just leave them floating (unconnected).

A8-A11 will be data pins. When TE is brought low, the device sends the 4 bit data (from A8-A11) out the DOUT pin to an RF module.

There is no pin to select whether or not A8-A11 will be used for address or data. However if you have the same configuration on both encoder and decoder you will not have any trouble.
(i.e. you can use A0-A9 for address and use A10 and A11 for data)

I hope this clears things up for you. I have used these devices a number of times, and for the cost - they are very reliable, better than trying to do the coding with software!

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back