Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with slot machine project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE1142

I was looking for some help on this project. I have check the internet and found nothing. My plan was to make my own slot machine with a payout and everything a slot machine has. First try would be simple like reals and a couple of mechs for releasing the prize, But I really want one of the video type ones. Does anyone have and ideas or leads or info anything would be great.

MARINE1142 said:
I was looking for some help on this project. I have check the internet and found nothing. My plan was to make my own slot machine with a payout and everything a slot machine has. First try would be simple like reals and a couple of mechs for releasing the prize, But I really want one of the video type ones. Does anyone have and ideas or leads or info anything would be great.

Video slot machine?

Find some PC slot machine game software you like and then build a slot machine and bury the PC inside. Figure out how to emulate the keyboard commands with real buttons and handles and there you are. Probably use some older PC that are almost free for the asking.

Lefty

My personal best is 20,000 dollars.

John :)

Attachments

• SlotMachine.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 143
Man that poker machine is getting addictive :D upto $200,500 on my second go and still going.

1.jpg

Cheers Bryan :p

Edit come on guy'd lets see who can get the highest score that 200K+ is only about 15 mniutes work and still going. If I get any higher I'll edit the post again as my first pic was $115,000 :rolleyes: hehehehe checkout that pic for my score and still no jackpots as of yet :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Hiya Guy's,
Well I did say that poker game was addictive but ya gotta stop sometime so my final score is $656,900

beat that score.jpg

Cheers Bryan :D :D :D :D :D

I thought about just getting a video slot game for the pc and using the keyboard buttons for the slot machine buttons but I dont know how I would get the machine to activate a relay to dump the payout or a switch for the pay in to activate the game any ideas maybe somesort of hack for the parallel port tied into the game but have no Idea how.

It would probably be cheaper to purchase a used machine. I don't know about the video slots, I have the real japanese ones (three stop buttons). I was given three, mostly as salvage electronic parts. Two were complete, best I could tell. Managed to get one fully functional, and accepting quarters (doesn't reject much of anything though). They run just under $200, and shipping is another $70. I had to do a lot of searching for repair and owner's manuals. The other one that appears complete, blew the fuse, spectacularly, and haven't plugged it in since, or even messed with it. I really hate getting shocked...

The japanese machine are required to be replaced every 2 years, so there are tons of them. Search Ebay and you should find something. I'd image broken ones or loose parts could be had quite cheaply, and you'd have the coin acceptor and pay-out mechanisms.

The novelty wheres off quickly though. I've only played it twice in the past 6 months, both times just to show off to curious visitors. I've never been much for gambling, so perhaps its different for others.

Yea you are right. I built this arcade that plays every arcade game every atari game every nintendo game and every sega game, it took like 6 months to build played the hell out of it for like 3 months now nothing. It was cool making it takes quarters and has six buttons two player but I think the most fun was just building it. Maybe that is the way to go get on and modify it. Thanks for the reply.

Glad you like it Bryan,
you're doing better than i did.

John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back