Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with Switchcad III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

so i've downloaded the above mentioned program and tried to build the circuit that i ncloe a jpg of but when i try and run it all i get is a list of values on all nodes as if it were a static circuit and this appears in a seperate window. i see a graph tab but this window prevents me clicking on it and when i close the window the tab disaperes. is it that i do not know how to use the program it can't do what i want or i have made a mistake :lol:

Attachments

• bitmaped.jpg
    bitmaped.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 662
Thunderchild said:
so i've downloaded the above mentioned program and tried to build the circuit that i ncloe a jpg of but when i try and run it all i get is a list of values on all nodes as if it were a static circuit and this appears in a seperate window. i see a graph tab but this window prevents me clicking on it and when i close the window the tab disaperes. is it that i do not know how to use the program it can't do what i want or i have made a mistake :lol:

Can't help you with the problem! (never use them), but I can suggest that you post diagrams like this as GIF rather than JPG, GIF give 100% quality, and are far smaller than JPG's for these purposes. JPG's should be used for photographs, not for diagrams.

.OP causes the simulator to find the DC operating point. You need to run a transient simulation. It will be easier to probe the nodes if you label all nodes that you want to probe before you run the sim.
The help file is very complete. Check it out.

yes i am refeing to tha software and what can i do simpler than that. afraid i am used to the very simple electronics work bench but that was old and won't run on XP. how do i label a node. i noticed that thre i this "method" of reference but cannot find how to open them or do place a net ?
by the way is there a way of adding more components to it as i see that there r only generic components and all linear technologies ics

Thunderchild said:
yes i am refeing to tha software and what can i do simpler than that. afraid i am used to the very simple electronics work bench but that was old and won't run on XP. how do i label a node. i noticed that thre i this "method" of reference but cannot find how to open them or do place a net ?
by the way is there a way of adding more components to it as i see that there r only generic components and all linear technologies ics
Have you searched for "label" in the help file?
To change from ".OP" to ".TRAN", right=click on the ".OP" directive. A dialog box will open which allows you several simulation choices.

"When all else fails, read the instructions." (Who said that? Socrates?) :D

You can add your own parts, but I urge you to get familiar with the program before trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back