Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a potential divider.

What are you trying to do?

It's possible you're doing it the wrong way.

noskcaj said:
Is it possible to step up an output of 2.8mV to a input of 3V? Please help. 10q:(

Yes, use an amplifier - an opamp would probably be easiest. Exact details depends on your exact requirement (which is much too vague).

You're right, he wants an amplifier not an attenuator.

The language used is confusing, an output of 2.2mV and an input of 3V, implies an attenuator but the word step-up implies an amplifier.

Fixed:
noskcaj said:
Is it possible to build a circuit with an input of 2.8mV and an output of 3V?
Yes it is, you need an amplifier with a gain of 1071.

Does this output need to be linear?

Can it be 3V if the input's 2.8mV and 0V of it's less than 2.8mV?

If so you need a comparator, with the reference at 0V and a very small amount of hysteresis to remove th noise.

He doesn't say if the signal is AC or DC.
If it is AC, he doesn't say the frequency range. It could be microwaves he needs to amplify.

Hi all,
Thank for the infor.

I intend to use the PC parallel port to control 4 output devices. I wonder is it possible to be done. I had information is that I could use a 3V relay to control the devices. But the problem is that the Voltage that is coming out from the parrallel port is like ard 3mV but how am I able to drive a 3V relay to let the relay works.:confused:

Hope I did made myself clear this time round.

noskcaj said:
Hi all,
Thank for the infor.

I intend to use the PC parallel port to control 4 output devices. I wonder is it possible to be done. I had information is that I could use a 3V relay to control the devices. But the problem is that the Voltage that is coming out from the parrallel port is like ard 3mV but how am I able to drive a 3V relay to let the relay works.:confused:

Hope I did made myself clear this time round.

The voltage out of the port is TTL levels, if it's only 3mV then the pin is set LOW and not HIGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back