Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayyi

Can someone help me where i can get a clean and working ckt for infrared emitter/receiver pair?! I have read that emitters emit light we can't see, but my emitter emits a bright orange light, what does this mean? I will be using this pair for a line tracking robot...thanks

It means that either you can see in the infrared, or what you have isn't an infrared emitter.

Do you see bright orange when you use a TV remote? If not, you need a new emitter. I don't know where you are so I can't help with that.

Actually it could also be that your emitter is not an LED and emits multiple wavelengths besides infrared, but I doubt it.

Anyway, it's hard to help you do what you want if you don't say what you want. ". . .a clean and working ckt for infrared emitter/receiver pair" could be as simple as getting an emitter/detector pair from Radio Shack, using a resistor and a switch to driver the emitter, and using a transistor switch on the detector side to do something (light a visible-spectrum LED, say) on the detector side when you press the switch.

Do you just want to do something like that, or are you trying to transmit data over IR?

Torben

so i really need a new emitter...all of the emitters i have bought works like that...*sigh* hmm what i mean is "a working circuit for a sensor and collision detector to control a line tracking robot that uses logic gates for motor control" im a newbie with these thing, doesnt even know how to use an IR emitter at first... hmm

oh yes., our instructor told us to use IR, but are there any other alternatives?! thanks for the help...btw from philippines here

Nayyi said:
oh yes., our instructor told us to use IR, but are there any other alternatives?! thanks for the help...btw from philippines here

OK. You might want to fill in the Philippines info on your user page so that we all know where you're from. Believe it or not, it helps suggest what you might be able to find or buy.

How long do you have to complete the project?

The basics involve using at least two sets of emitter/detectors--one on each side of the line--to detect when you're crossing the line on one side or the other and turning appropriately. For something like that, you can use something like the idea I posted before about the switch, except don't use the switch: just point the emitter down so that the beam bounces back to the detector (phototransitor). When the line gets in the way, the beam will be absorbed instead of reflected and you can use the phototransistor's resulting change to decrease or stop power to the wheel on that side, turning the robot so that the line is again between the detectors.

Beyond that, I'd say hit google and dogpile hard. People on this site will help, but here there is a strong "do your own homework" ethic, meaning you're more likely to get help if it looks like you've done your research.

Good luck!

Torben

gave us the experiment yesterday (today is wednesday)., and had to pass it by friday with the prototype...what if i am going to use 3 IR pairs? and another one for the collision detector? sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…