Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleekconcept

i seriously need help in designing an egg incubator for chicken, equally need the schematic diagram,list of the components involved for the design,the working principle behind it and equally the design of the thermostat and the sensoring device.
I will be glad if an answer can be given to me.

Thanks.

SLEEKCONCEPT

i seriously need help in designing an egg incubator for chicken, equally need the schematic diagram,list of the components involved for the design,the working principle behind it and equally the design of the thermostat and the sensoring device.
I will be glad if an answer can be given to me.

Thanks.

SLEEKCONCEPT

For everything you're asking for, I would be happy to design and build it for your...for a price of course. But then, it would probably be cheaper for you to just buy one.:)

help in designing an egg incubator for chicken

What is the thermal time constant of an egg? If it's long, you could have a heater on-off cycle of minutes (the duty cycle will determine temp).
Does the incubator environment have a controlled temp? If not, your heater/thermostat will need to be upsized.
How high above room ambient do these chicks like?
You need a bang-bang controller or something more sophisticated?

Prelim P/L
heater
controller
eggs (how many)?
insulated container

probably you need also an egg turning device??

if you hit the search button on this forum you will find already something
if you hit the google page you will find something

ones you find it and have a problem with it than there are a lot of members on this forum to give you a helping hand

show initiative please

Robert-Jan

What is the thermal time constant of an egg?
insulated container

What the heck is a thermal time constant of an egg?

Most bio incubators run at a fixed temp of 38 Deg C. Humidity should be low which is another issue. I would assume the OP needs to make an environment close to above parameters.

Hardly sounds like an Eng class project, more like a bio project if any.

What the heck is a thermal time constant of an egg?

Most bio incubators run at a fixed temp of 38 Deg C. Humidity should be low which is another issue. I would assume the OP needs to make an environment close to above parameters.

Hardly sounds like an Eng class project, more like a bio project if any.

I had the same thoughts. If there is any doubt, just measure the conditions under a sitting chicken and replicate those. :)

Torben

Mother hens make the best egg incubators, they are 'green' and you can eat them when they have done their job..:eek:

As well as the heating control the eggs should be 'rolled' frequently.

The cost of day old chicks is about 45c Rand for a 50gm chicken.

hi, Just Googled: artificial incubation of hen eggs

There's lots of info.

**broken link removed**

thermal time constant of an egg?

It's related to the specific heat and the shape. If it's low and the egg were shaped like a finned heat sink the egg would respond to every little environmental temp. variation.
If the inside of the egg is mostly liquid it will have a higher specific heat and will be slow to respond. Also, a sphere has the minimum surface area for a given enclosed volume so it's slow to transfer heat to the air and so it's slow to respond.

What's for breakfast?

From Mr. G's link it looks like both temp. and humidity have to be controlled. They interact. Not so easy.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=psychrometric+chart&aq=1&oq=psychrometr

Last edited:
You could use a 100W light bulb but be ware these might not be available if the global warming squad get their way.

What a load of retards, there are plenty of reasons for wanting a wasteful incandescent, banning them is a BS idea, they should perhaps tax them more but not ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back