Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High voltage pulser and protection circuit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjren2004

Hello everybody.

I am designing a high voltage pulser circuit with a protection circuit to drive a PZT transducer in pulse-echo mode. The challenge here is that the supply voltage is from a car battery.

Any suggestion or circuits schematic are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jhon.

jjren2004 said:
Hello everybody.

I am designing a high voltage pulser circuit with a protection circuit to drive a PZT transducer in pulse-echo mode. The challenge here is that the supply voltage is from a car battery.

Any suggestion or circuits schematic are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jhon.
I think it depends on your peak voltage, peak current, pulse repetition frequency, and duty cycle - anything else?

As you don't give any specs (or even an idea what you're trying to do?) we can't really speculate - but, if you use a bridged drive circuit that would give roughly 24v p-p drive. Failing that you could either use an inverter to increase your supply voltage, or drive the tranducer via a transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back