Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hilbert transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably he's still wanting to do as he always has?, high quality audio transmitted over an ultrasonic link?. Even though he's been told repeatedly (by everyone here!) that it's not possible.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Presumably he's still wanting to do as he always has?, high quality audio transmitted over an ultrasonic link?. Even though he's been told repeatedly (by everyone here!) that it's not possible.

Hi Nigel,

I have made the circuit with 1496 chip and it works just fine on DSB but the problem is that DSB needs twice bandwidth than SSB so the voice is not so clear for higher Frequencies (while my ultrasonic sensors about 9kHz bandwidth) so I have to generate a SSB for the device.

I have read somewhere that filtering method can not provide the 15 or 20kHz bandwidth too:(
So any alternative?

audioguru said:
He wants to use SSB to save bandwidth.
FSK and use a good compression algorithm.

audioguru said:
1) FM.
2) High frequency radio transmit and receive.
or 3) Infrared.

FM for an ultrasonic sensor?!

Wont you think a VSB can be used as an alternative?

By the way I am interested to see your voice scrambling system specialy the filter part.

epilot said:
FM for an ultrasonic sensor?!

Wont you think a VSB can be used as an alternative?
No. Your ultrasonic transducers don't have enough bandwidth.

By the way I am interested to see your voice scrambling system specialy the filter part.
It is not on my computer but maybe I can take a photo of its schematic.
The filter was the easiest part. I used two cascaded 4th-order Butterworth switched capacitor lowpass filter ICs. National Semi had them, now Maxim have them. The unwanted sideband is completely removed. The modulator and demodulator are exactly the same circuit and use a cheap crystal from a colour TV.

An audio range phase shifter

Attachments

• 1156937506b.jpg
    1156937506b.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 125
Can some one says me what will happen if I use a Hilber for audiowith lower bandwidth (4000Hz) for instance.
Don't you think I'll have part of unwanted sideband at higher frequencies?
I mean the SSB will be converted into VSB at higher freq(more than 4000kHz for example).
Correct?

Is this correct:
If we make a Hilbert with 70 degree phase shift at the audio part(but 90 degree for the carrier)then we will have a VSB signal on the output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back