Holden Electronic Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this is just a quick post, more to come later; but atm i am just wondering if anyone knows how the encoded keys work, in their standard cars and or the jackeroo's/rodeo's??
My father actually owns a car wrecking factory in Australia, but even he does not know/has no desire to know how they work. so getting my hands on a few is not a problem. I was considering smashing a few apart and shoving them onto an osciscope that i have to check if there is a datastream. But just thought i would check in here first, to see if anyone knows??
my father seems to think that they run off rf of hf or something, but im not too sure about this. When pulling the actual key bit from the base you can see a contact --> thus with the actual key as a contact, and the little ball as a second, this would be enough for binary data transfer. but then how do the jackeroo keys work, as they only have the one contact.
anyway, if anyone knows; it would be greatly appreciated as it could same me some time and effort, thats not to say i wont smash it apart and hook one up anyway
Thankyou
Regards. Christopher

They use a transponder. A powerful signal is transmitted, this energy is stored then used to transmit a code which the reader reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…