home protection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
stevez, you probably can but you risk
- damaging your eyes with high power IR light in the dark
- making the "scene" ideally "visible"

pointing the light directly at camera would blind it but if you know where the camera is, then you just throw it in a drawer ..

Did i really misspell cohones? LOL.
I'm sorry i got mad with you guys,i'm just having a really hard time.
From what i can tell they're cheap cameras. I understand there are alot of ways these guys can mess with me but, isn't there a low powered rf jammer i could make to just cover a small area such as a room or just a house? It still seems this may be easier than buying expensive cameras and beating-up one or more of them.

Ever thought of maybe investing in a door lock? Might try a Tesla Coil, mine use to mess up all kinds of electronics, kind of permanently... Haven't played with mine in years because of computer problems. Could never sure if it was the arcs & sparks, or just basic Windows...

I have seen devices sold to jam wireless cameras. Not usually cheap and I can't say if they really work.

I think bottom line here, all legal issues aside, unless your an RF engineer, building a jammer from scratch is going to be a monumental task.

Its my understanding that the higher the frequency, the more critical small things like component layout become. I know even small FM broadcast band transmitters (88-108 MHz-ish) are fussy to make without a proper printed circuit board. Now what you are talking about is a MUCH higher frequency. 900MHz - 2.5 GHz-ish.

Its a neat idea, but not something thats going to be easy for a novice or even experianced hobbyist to pull off.

Last edited:
The "blinding" thought was a place to begin. I noticed how bright the led appears on my TV remote when viewed thru a camera and thought that only a relatively low power might be all that is required to fool the camera into thinking there was more visible light than actually existed. Yes, the IR could also light up what you are trying to hide - therefore it might have to be somewhat directional. I suppose that once wise to that trick a filter on the camera would solve the problem on their end.

Sounds like it must be quite the common thing to do as cameras and wireless devices are so easy to come by.

I meant to add the thought of constructing an RF sniffer, as it has been called. While it requires that you take the time to "sniff" for the transmitter it is simpler than a jammer by a long shot. As I understand it, a simple RF sniffer might be an antenna, amplifier, diode/meter to respond to nearby RF fields. I googled on RF sniffer and found a number of hits that look practical.

Last edited:
I've seen plans for ones that work on rc planes, cellphones & t.v. remotes and they're really easy (and i'm a novice working on electronics). It's just i can't find the parts to get a 2.4ghz freq. (wich are used in some really simple,average, and small cameras). I've seen oscillators for around 600mhz.
Will they work in series, combining thier freq.?

cmon andy, he is novice but he has cohonas

crazyking, you cannot build it - period. you ca purchase it and it will not work or you will get arrested. Donno what location you are at, there still might be places so far behind that cop's don't know what jammer is, but in real world, anything that can jam a 2.4Ghz camera will put you in jail in approximately 2 days... and if you, God forbid, use the jammer for illegal purposes, anyone who helped you can be in trouble....

so, trust me, having cohones have nothing to do with being able to make a 2.4GHz jammer that works.

Now, if you have extra money ... here some way's to build 2.4GHz jammer
- Wave Bubble
- How To Build A WiFi And Bluetooth Jammer - Video

or you ca purchase one:
**broken link removed**
Gadgets: Wireless Jammer

but note:

That would seem practical short-term. I haven't found any cameras recently since he last incedent but, why should i have to sweep my room like the ghostbusters looking for ectoplasm. I might not have mentioned before these guys aren't much smarter than me electronics wise. I gotta show them i'm smarter than them and shut them down. -maybe- they'll realize they shouldn't mess with me on that front. I agree with you guys, making a rf sniffer sounds cool and would probably help a little. If you can tell me what i need and give me some sort of diagram i'll definately consider doing that for now. Come on guys, i've seen people using rf jammers for much stupider reasons.

Thanks arhi. One thing though, the people you grew-up around may sell you out or do something stupid to indicate you helped but, around here most* of us actually have some integrity. I for one am not a rat. My intentions are only for my privacy. I know ya'll may think i'm making a big deal about all of this but, last i checked, i have a legal right to my privacy as well as everyone else. i would help anyone else (under the same circumstances) if i were in a position that i could help.

The fact that surveillance equipment as become more technologically advanced and cheaper indicates that more people are at risk than just myself.
For example, My weather station website has a satellite camera that i can use to look at my mother's house FROM OUTER SPACE! For every yin must be a yang or there will be no balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…