Hoover Vacuum Cleaner

Steve.S.

Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to repair a hoover H 500 upright vacuum where the brush-bar doesn't revolve. I've bypassed the pcb and the motor itself does run. The switch to control this motor (there is also a separate suction working motor) is ok... on for carpet, off for flat floor. This then leads me to the pcb itself, see pictures. I suspect the component in picture 1 which has no continuity but am not actually sure what it is. Looks like a bimetal strip/fuse type of item but can't find same or equivalent online. Anyone identify this and suggest replacement? Thanks in anticipation.

Move a strong magnet towards and away from it. You should hear a faint click when the reed contacts close. If the contacts have welded together you won't hear that click and the weld would have been caused by excess current/arcing, which could have damaged something else.

Thanks for your input chaps. I'll try the magnet idea tomorrow. There doesn't appear to be a magnet anywhere near the component however. Do the letters/numbers mean anything to anybody (not to me!!!) DEU011 (poss OII or combination thereof!)-NZLG-67 If this checks out, the pcb becomes suspect...not really my bag, but I'll keep at it!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…