Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hos to trigger this input ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for these explanations.

I have an other question regarding the choice of an AOP.
When I read some general book or article found on the web, every thing is simple. But it seams that in the real life think are more complicated.
So how I guy as me with only limitated knowledge in electronic can do to select an AOP without to much error ?

Jean-Marie

hi,
The TLC082 opa looks a good choice.
Ref the series resistor in the output of the final opa stage, as you are driving a PIC's pin input, I would recommend that you use a 470R.
This will limit the PIC's protection diode current should the output of the opa exceed +5V.

As you are counting the 5KHz pulses, ensure that the final stage output swings thru the high/low threshold levels of the PIC input.

If possible select a PIC input pin thats has a schmitt input or else you could use one of the Timer inputs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back