Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Wheels Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnybotto

Hello everyone.
I'm new to your forum and electronically challenged. I can put circuits together but can not design them.

I'm looking for a simple timer circuit for a 2 lane Hot Wheels track. The timer will start when the starting gate is lifted. It will stop when the first car brakes an ir beam, one in each lane. The display will be a green LED over the wining lane and a red LED over the losing lane. Then it needs to be reset for the next race. I have 3 lead, bi-color LEDs, with common anodes, I can use. The rest of the parts I would like to get at Radio Shack. 9 volt battery for power?

Please point me to a proper circuit if you can,
Thank you,
John

Last edited:
Like **broken link removed**?

unless you know how to use a micontroler or alot of electronics your better off purchasing two of the items the link has.
another idea is to purchase two digital stop watches (cheap ones) then wire between the stop watch and switches on the track.
could get complicated.
use KISS and purchase the link items.

I may have caused some confusion... All I need is an indicator light (bicolor LEDs) to show green for a winner and red for a loser, with a reset switch at the starters box.
Times do not have to be displayed. Here is what I'm going for (note: the numbers 1 and 2 in the drawing indicate lane number only and will be painted on the finish line, they are not displays) I hope this simplifies things, thanks!

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back