Hot wheels track to mains power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkeralot2

Hi everyone, newbie lacking knowledge.

I have my sons hot wheels race track, what started as what I thought was going to be an easy job has me scraching my head? In the US this hot wheels track comes as a wall plug unit, for overseas its battery operated. I thought wiring a 6v power adator would be straight forward but to my surprise the unit has two seperate 3v motors requiring 4 D size batteries, two D batteries per motor, can I adapt (split) a 6v power adaptor to run both motors or am I better using a 3v adaptor with higher amps? Thanks all

If your US adapator is **broken link removed**, you must be trying cut into the hotwheel set up at the wrong place. An Australian 240Vin 15VDC@500mA Adapter should work if it has the same plug and plug polarity. YOu could cut the oem plug off the US adapter and splice it to the Aussie adapter, if necessary as long as you observe the correct polarity.

Or use the existing adapter with a small 240VAC to 120VAC step-down transformer ahead of your existing adapter.

Hi Mike, these hot wheel sets sold outside the US have no power adaptor only batteries this being 4x D batteries, 2 batteries for each motor, this is my dilemma and why I was thinking I could run the unit on a 6v adaptor but would now have to split the output to the two 3 v motors?

Ok, I thought you had a US setup that you were trying to use in Oz.

There is likely some certification issue in Oz that prevents the Manufacture from getting the required approvals.

Why not just get two 3.0 to 3.6 Vdc 1A adapters, and run each to where the two D-cells would otherwise go?

3V DC 1A adapters are widely advertised. Hopefully one of those could power both motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…