Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this ethernet events work ?

Externet

Hello.
If I unplug my laptop from the ethernet, take it somewhere else, plug it there; not always works until some massaging is done.
If my laptop is brought back to where it was originally, and plug it back, not always works until some massaging is done.
If I remove the ethernet connection and plug it to something else, not always works until some massaging is done.
Connecting back to original everything, not always works until some massaging is done.

What would be the case to the internet thingies when there is power outages, locations are swapped, ports/wiring are altered...?

'Massaging' can mean power cycling the modem, setting up network parameters... Teach me to understand the reasons something ceases to work or is not recognized when these sorts of events take place.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back