Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build a Shocking Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to be run on a 9 volt Battery and I am a newb and I could use easy instructions.
Ummm It is going to be turned on by a switch and it needs to be small, fitting inside an easy button cap, the size of a AA Battry
any ideas?

Use a camera flash board, without a load and with 2AA batteries, it can generate 1000V+ for a few seconds.

Krumlink said:
Use a camera flash board, without a load and with 2AA batteries, it can generate 1000V+ for a few seconds.
Unless you change the cap value in those disposable camera flash boards you may face liability charges for the potential they could cause to some unsuspecting person. I have had may shocks from them and they pack a real punch, far too much for fun and games.
If I had to choose between the camera flash shock and the 120VAC wall outlet I would find it hard to do except for the fact that I know the wall outlet had the greater potential for injury.

Last edited:
You really need to find a more productive outlet for your energies.

just connect a relay in series with a PBNO switch and a 9 volt battery.
Connect negative to common (on relay), Connect common to ignition coil and ground the other side of the ignition coil.

Place a wire leading to ground near (not touching) the HV output, this is your spark gap, placing an object in between the two connections will cause the object to conduct the HV and therefore cause a shock.

Its quite fun...............................to watch

Below is a schematic just showing the battery relay and ignition coil, you have to place the button in yourself just in series. (in the diagram a condenser/capacitor is also connected in paraell this limits the amount of sparks in the relay and expands your projects run-time i recommend installing the capacitor)

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/ichvg-gif.18367/

Hope this helps Jordan

Fotographic camera, its desquised, and it scares crap outta people!
Get a disposable one u might have laying around(igot 20 from the shop free:D) then open it up, u will find a big capacitor mine are 120microF the put one wire on the + of the capacitor and another wire on the - of the capacitor, make these wires go to the outside of the camera, cover it up, and when u touch the two wires it will be funny. works with
1AA battery ;) good luck

Get a small step-down transformer. Apply 9v to the secondary winding with a momentary push button switch. When the switch is released, you get a pretty good jolt on the primary coil.
Managed to shock my whole 10th grade algebra class by having them hold hands and getting the two end people to hold the wires from the transformer.

Just use the forum search feature for 'shocker', should keep you amused for weeks, and you might find something you can use.

Small and battery free. Use the little clicky thing out of a lighter. Probably the right amount of shock, unpleasant, but not enough to piss yourself.

Those things are good, if you're not expecting it it's like a slap to the face. I've snagged the ignitors from propane heaters, they have a little more kick but still not too bad.

Just use the forum search feature for 'shocker', should keep you amused for weeks, and you might find something you can use.

Small and battery free. Use the little clicky thing out of a lighter. Probably the right amount of shock, unpleasant, but not enough to piss yourself.

Be careful with the keyword "shocker" you may not get what you are looking for.

**broken link removed**

Playing around with a simple relay, i made once the simpliest shocking device ever :)

See the attached file

When you close the switch, the relay will change contacts. But then the NC contact will be open and thus the relay will be released. The NC contact shall close again... In other words, it will oscillate.

But, every time the relay is switched off, a high voltage is generated across it's leads. Take 2 wires from it's coil contacts and give your friends a slight sock.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 688
Showing a photograph of your mother in law might be shocking. Who knows? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back