Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Control Timer in PIC16F877??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

peniel_bruce

i want to controll the timer in the 16F877 microcontroller.........when a pulse input is given......how do i do that..........help desperately needed

actually i want to give a pulse input......and i want any of the 3 timers inside to tell me what is the time period of the pulse?????????

i meant kind of coding to do that........the programming part.....tht is not given in detail in any of the stuffs that i looked into.......so plz tell me hw shall i look into tht...........

plz dont get tensed........... im tryin to control the power factor of the supply line.......wherein i will give the phase difference i.e. the power factor as a pulse input to the controller....and want to find the time period of tht pulse and compare with a look up table inside the controller tht can give me the actual power factor...........

i hav only designed the hardware part until the pulse generation........now only hav i come to microcontroller......and hav just gone though the overview of the controller......

ya its my project........hey thing is I should be asking wht programming should i be using?????but any how i thought that go for C coding coz assembly language will be difficult na??????????can u help me with the codings???????????

My advise is: go for assembly for this project.

assembly is easier for 16f processors and for simple application. Unless you need to do alot of calculation and serious coding, the time needed to learn to code is shorter than C.

If you plan on just capturing for the timing different, only a few peripheral is used mainly TMR2 or INTERRUPT or CPP.

Just try out the code yourself first and then submit your failed code so that people can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back