Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create ramp and max speed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defabrications

I would like to use a pwm motor driver board and a potentiometer joystick to control the speed and direction of a 12 volt dc motor.
However, I need to have the ability to adjust the top speed limit and also to have adjustable speed ramping (acell/decel rate). The input signal that the board requires is 0v/2.5v/5v with 2.5 being stopped.
I have a circuit that creates these functions for an anaolg motor driver which requires a signal of -5v/0v/+5v. This circuit uses a pot fed with the +5/-5v to create the speed signal, and another pot and capacitor to create adjustable ramping of that signal.
How can I achieve this with the 0/2.5/5v signal?

Thanks,
Paul.

So it is possible? Thats good news. I tried using my original circuit as sugested, along with a trying few different caps and pots, but it is just not the same. Im not shure how to properly build this circuit.

Thanks,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back