Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to Latch data other than using flip flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan

Hi, Is there any way to latch data other than using Flip Flop IC's ?

Actually the flip flop consumes a lot of circuit area. I want to latch 24 bits with minimum space consumed on circuit.

I am currently doing this by using 3 flip flops but i do not like this method.

Hi, Is there any way to latch data other than using Flip Flop IC's ?

Actually the flip flop consumes a lot of circuit area. I want to latch 24 bits with minimum space consumed on circuit.

I am currently doing this by using 3 flip flops but i do not like this method.

hi,
Look at the 74LS373 and LS374 IC's

Even if you could get a 24 bit device in one package, the size saving would be minuscule.

If you described what you are using it for, someone may be able to suggest a solution.

Mike.

I have a data BUS (8bit) which i use for feeding information to three devices (each 8 bit). I am using flip flops to latch data for these three devices. However these flip flops are consuming a lot of PCB space. I want a simpler less space consuming solution if possible thats all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back