Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a connection from pic16f84 to computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie86

Hi all..im newbie here...i want to ask about...
How to make a connection from output pic16f84 to computer?
can it connect by USB?
the reason why i want to make this connection is..to activate a software at pc by output from pic16f84 when movement sensor detect at pic 16f84 input..please somebody help me...

Nigel Goodwin said:
Use RS232 instead, check my tutorials for details.

RS323?it is a device?please Nigel Goodwin...can you teach me step by step...im just a kid in this subject...

im still dont fully understand about RS 232 to make connection from output pic16f84 to computer...could someone please help me...next week i have to submit them..

In simply PIC output cannot connect directly to computers serial port. It has some different logic levels needed. What you need is a serial level converter (Ex: MAX232) which makes required logic levels to PC input.

PIC output-->MAX232--->PC Serial Port

Hardware is not sufficient it needs a good coding as well the PIC you are talking which doesn’t have built in communication modules (USART).you have to write a software for that modules as well.

That’s why Nigel suggested his tutorials he is using I think PIC16F628A which has a built in communication module.

This also will help you
https://www.mikroe.com/en/books/picbook/7_10chapter.htm

Google is your friend... perhaps there is some... slim chance... that someone, somewhere has tried to connect a PIC to a PC. By RS232 which narrows it down slightly.

Huh... Google "PIC rs232" only was only able to find 1,240,000 hits on how to do that. If only one of them shows how to actually do that...[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back