Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make counter using 192's

Status
Not open for further replies.

judochop45

I'm trying to make a counter with 192's. I want the counter to count up and down on the same 7 segment display is there a way to do that?

Yes, there is a way to do that. Would this be homework? I assume you mean a 74192 or 74hc192 like this? You don't mention if the 7 segment display is common cathode or common anode? For common anode consider a decoder driver like a 7447. You also fail to mention as to count up and down based on what? Have you got any ideas or a basic schematic?

Ron

The seven segment display is a CA and I'm just wondering how to make the 192's count up one digit and down one digit on the same display using 2 PUSH buttons, one counting up and one down.

Eric, Thanks for the help, but I'm wondering is there a way that i can just use the 192's without the 555?

hi,
It really depends upon the method you want to use to clock up and down.?

This link shows push button operation.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back