Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make down counter (99-00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghie_october

how will i make down counter using logic gates? i am not allowed to use one IC. i should cascade different logic ic to produce output (99-00) in seven segment..

Are you allowed to use these?

Then use a PIC chip. It has all the "logic gates" inside the chip.
It is pointless designing a down-counting circuit using descrete chips. No-one in their right mind would waste time doing it.

It is pointless designing a down-counting circuit using descrete chips. No-one in their right mind would waste time doing it.

Except a student.

i agree with mike. i am student and i think my professor wants me to use different logic gates and cascade them to produce 99-00 in seven segment.

Your professor should be teaching you how to use a PIC chip for a job like that. :)

Logic gates are a bit too "last century" for building a multi digit counting device.

First, this entire thread should be in the Homework forum.

What have you already studied? State-Transition Diagrams? State-Transition Tables? Boolean arithmetic? Boolean algebra? J-K Flip Flops? D-Flip Flops? etc?

We are not going to just do your homework for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back