How To Make Ir Led's Hand gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba786

Hi all It is my first post on the forums so sorry if I make any mistake ,we all know about the Gloves ,we use gloves to safe our hands.Now I have some Idea in my mind those want to share with you people and want to take a help also that if it is possible then how I can do it ,in a compact way.

Idea :- I want to make a Hand gloves using IR led's(want to mount the IR led's inside the gloves where we put our fingers )Now when I wear that gloves those have Ir led's when I touch these gloves on the computer screen then these IR led's should glow ,when i don't touch it then it should not glow ,when I touch two fingers on the computer screen then only two led's related to the fingers should glow rather than these two fingers all the led's should not glow .

so tell me now that how it will possible or IS IT POSSIBLE IF IT IS THEN I WILL WRITE MY COMPLETE PROBLEM those will contain all the information regarding the led's specification also.

I hope you people will understand my problem i know my English is not so good so sorry for it .

I'm not sure I understood the question but
- putting IR led's inside the gloves is possible (you will have to use gloves that are "bigger" then the hand so you can fit the fingers, or you have to use SMD IR led's)
- turning them on/off with some pressure sensor / micro switch is possible so when you "touch the screen" they will light
- turning on only the leds with pressure sensor on is possible

what is the question? what do you want to achieve? .. for touch screen - it is cheaper to purchase touch screen from 3m or some similar manufacturer then to use gloves, ir leds, wimote camera and software to detect motion ... the final touch screen is much more fun triust me ... and if you want to go bigger (active table / panel / ...) then wimote + ir pen will work just fine - no need for "gloves" ... even the "ir beam + reflector pads" will work ok ... Johnny Chung Lee - Projects - Wii

hey arhi thanks to give me reply basically i am working on the touch technology since last five months and made my own multitouch table also ,

you can see my first project on the **broken link removed**
now tell me in complete method that how i can make these gloves can you tell me complete process to make these gloves .

thanks to reply me

hey I am working on the multitouch technology since last five months and made my first multitouch table also and you can see my project there

**broken link removed**

Now please tell me that how i can make these gloves in a compact way

first the led ... as you want to use IR led, you can use SMD ir led on the gloves (outside) as well as inside as most materials are transparent to IR. ... you want to go with SMD as it is smaller ..

second, the on/off

you can go full on and full off with a simple battery + resistor + switch ... resistor is there to limit the current, battery is there to give power and switch there is to turn it on/off ... you can find small tactile switches you can embed into fingertips .... donno what "additional details" to give you .. just find the small switch, the small led and a battery ... if you go with button cell batteries you do not even need a resistor as they have internal resistance big enough not to output more then 10mA ...

you can also go off to partly on to full on with resistive foil. you can find resistive foil that changes resistance on pressure ... for example the packaging black foam IC's are "push into" when you purchase them has those properties.... I just tested it, 2M unpressed and 200K pressed ... on a 1cm part I tried .. you can feed the current trough it and power the led, pressing harder will turn the led on "more" .... you can find commercially available materials easier to use then this, but this is something you probably have lying around..

now, you can make everything more complex, add uC to the glove, encoders to monitor angle of the fingers, pressure transducers, RF send the data to your "central unit" .. use uC to turn the led's on/off ... but, the simple microswithc should do the job

hey archi thanks to give me your reply now i want to ask some thing more from you .
when I will put my fingers on the computer screen then the led's will glow ,so now i want to know that can you tell me that what power should be of the IR led's when I put my fingers on the computer screen then the complete screen should glow . I will use 19 inch TFT for use

and tell me please specification of these all the led's as well as micro switch

sorry if i asked some thing wrong

archi Thanks to reply me on my post,Now I am going to work on the list of the things those I will need when I will work on the gloves .

SMD ir led's is surface mount led's ?

and how i will give the power supply to these IR led's when I will use these smd IR led's

SMD ir led's is surface mount led's ?

yes. I do not believe person would like a 3 or 5mm led inside the glove

and how i will give the power supply to these IR led's when I will use these smd IR led's

same way you would have done it with normal led

BATT+ ------------------resistor -----LED+ LED- ------|switch|-------BATT-

Will all the setup install inside the gloves dude ,

and can you tell me that what is the value of the resistance those i should use as well as how many supply

.sorry i know i am week in electronics

Will all the setup install inside the gloves dude
why don't you get few led's and few pairs of gloves and try ??? or you would like me to do your job for you and send you the finished product?

and can you tell me that what is the value of the resistance those i should use as well as how many supply
- use the power supply you want, if you want wires from gloves to wall outlet, you can use batteries, u can make a solar panel on the gloves ...
- one IR led has avg voltage drop of 1.5V and will emit detectable light if you pass 10mA trough it. Max intensity you will usually get if you pass 20mA but you will have to check the datasheet of the led you use. Also, more current mean less battery time.

sorry i know i am week in electronics
it is not a problem that you are week, the problem is you did nothing and you are asking for finished solution ... google is your friend

this is first 5 links on google search for led resistance calculation ?!?!

**broken link removed**
LED Resistor Calculator
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

If you do not invest time and effort in this project and only ask for "solution" noone will do that for you

HMMM.has anyone looked at the link the op originally provided?

You mean that they developed this huge 43 inch touch sensitive Plasma display screen...with all of its associated software and hardware...yet cant figure out how to illuminate a IR Led???!!!.
Somethings rotten in the state of Punjab.

@bigkim100, actually it is not hard to do / make that ... check out few links:
**broken link removed**
Make your own Multi-touch Surface • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control
many many more like that ... I believe the OP made the board using similar tech (his demo is using the same software these ones do ...) and now want to make ir gloves in order to increase sensitivity of the surface in noisy envinronment.

Here is the touch library: Touchlib - Home
And some additional software: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…