Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to monitor Pure Sine wave Using dsPIC30F ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghun

Hi,
I have to design 2.5 KVA Inverter. As per the specifications given by the customer I have to monitor the output of Sine wave Voltage and its Frequency (110V +/- 5% and 50Hz). My question how can I monitor the Output Sine wave Voltage and frequency to the Voltages required by the dsPIC30F DSC's.
Raghu

Last edited:
Step it down with a resistive divider and bias it that it can be read by the dsPIC's ADC and use the ADC.

Or use a zero-cross detection circuit and use that to measure the frequency. Or rectify the voltage and step it down with a resistive divider and then use an ADC on that to look for the peaks to figure out the peak voltage.

Or use a transformer to step it down instead of a resistive divider (this is safer) and use the ADC.

Last edited:
If you want to do it in a sophisticated (and more complex) way you can have look at this Microchip IC - MCP3909

MCP3909

I have played with it recently and it works nicely - by coincidence also connected to dsPIC30F :) - via SPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back