Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use S/PDIF in motherboard to ampliferes..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi, i have Intel DH55 TC motherboard mounted with S/PDIF connector for digital audio output so how to use it for amplifiers..!!

You use an amplifier that has a S/PDIF input.... The S/PDIF data is a simple serial stream, the format of which you can look up on the Internet if you want to do anything with it yourself.

The S/PDIF digital format has to be converted to analog format for the amplifier.

You can buy converters to do that, just search for "S/PDIF to Analog Converter".

it is directly the digital sound without any loss (better than any analog source), most a/v amplifier have build in spdif input now (optical or coaxial or hdmi). if you only have analog input then use your analog output of the motherboard

Last edited:
Because it needs to be decoded.

Ritesh your problem might be lack of focus, try tacking one subject at a time till you understand it. Your posts are all over the map.

it is directly the digital sound without any loss (better than any analog source), most a/v amplifier have build in spdif input now (optical or coaxial or hdmi). if you only have analog input then use your analog output of the motherboard

depends.
i have a Yamaha amp here which just plain sounds BAD when using its digital inputs, but it's analogue inputs sound great.
actually, when i say "bad" i don't mean something subjective, "unusable" would be the correct term.

irbirb, if your digital imputs sounds bad you're not using them right =)

The Yamaha amp may have a poor quality D/A converter.

Yeah, then it's faulty hardware irbirb, spdif from my computer to my home stereo is flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back