Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to wire TIP35C for 10A+ PWM load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
121.jpg tip121sat.jpg TIP121 VCE Sat. characteristics:

Last edited:
can i also use, 2 TIP121, to do the same job?? u know, like wired parallel..

TIP121's are darlingtons, they can't be saturated anywhere near as well as the TIP35 - essential what we're discussing here with the TIP35 is a 'super' darlington, which overcomes the limitations of a standard darlington (but is configured differently).

Yes, you're right. It's a typical characteristics at 25 Celsius.
You cannot buy a "typical" transistor. They might not have any and you might get a "minimum" one.

EDIT: The graphs in a datasheet are for a "typical" one.

well thanks allot guys :) after all i managed to do it, using a Digital level mosfet, using the wiring that Zabb provided! it seems that what i wanted to do, could not be done at all using a TIP35C becouse , i couldent provide nearly enough ampere to saturate it! (Cause of restrictions of space and parts). but with mosfet is way easier! i guess i should search more the next time, before doing something... :)

hello guys! i think i need your help again. So: the dc motor i am using is rated at 200watt. i did the wriing, exactly as Zabb suggested, and i used An IRL1404. http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irl1404.pdf
i also used abig enough heat sink. but after 1 mintue of work, the outpout of the motor starts droping , and the heat sink is hot as the sun....
i talked about it with one friend that knows a bit more and he told me that , 20A is nowhere near anything that this mosfet can handle, and that it shouldent overheat that much. ghe suggested that :
1)the controller i am using (Arduino atmega128) does not produce High enough pulses, to compeltly saturate the Mosfet, resulting in ,it, working with some on-resistance
2)cause of the high capacitance of the gate, the Mosfet might be taking some more time to de-saturate
3) if that is the case , he suggested that the frequency of the pwm might be to high ? (i think arduino defults at 1khz) , and that maybe i should lower the 1kΩ Resistor, or build a drivind circuit...

what do you guys think??? how could i adress this problems?? thanks!

Hello,

The IRL1404 is not a "logic level" FET.
The threshold may not be low enough to saturate it with 5V.
Try something like the BUK954R4-40B for this application.
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Csaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back