HP monitor repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you I just did it works great.

It's probably better - higher voltages tend to have lower ESR.

I hope you replaced it with a 105 degree version?, otherwise it may well fail again - also NEVER use Capxon capacitors, they are really unreliable.

I hope the ripple current rating of your replacement capacitor is adequate for this application.

HP has a significant problem with those monitors. I purchased near 200 of them and better than 60 of them all failed due to those capacitors. Fortunately the warranty was still in effect... HP even dispatched a factory technician to service them on site.

Yeah I heard the same thing. actually the one I have was a friends he was going to throw it out because there was no warranty or nothing, so I told him to give it to me and I just replaced those caps and up and running. He will probably want it back now...yeah right

Haha. Tell him that if you give it back, you're keeping the caps.

What Nigel and Willbe were asking are important questions if you don't want to keep having to replace the caps, though. Do you know the temperature and ripple current ratings of the caps you put in there?

Good job fixing the problem, by the way.

Torben

help!

just fixed hp vs19e moniter and turned it on.works but eather my eyes are bad or i got a slite tent of yellow.maybe back lite.stumbeled apon this site and imagen that i just replaced all the caps myself.got moniter from some foolieo becaus whene i opened it up someone had put a pice of a pen in place of fuse.back to my point anyone got any ideas how to fix this color.

Please start your own thread. You'll have a greater chance of getting a useful response.

Also, people are more likely to respond if you try to take a little care with your posts, such as capitalizing, spelling correctly, and putting spaces after your periods.

Torben

Last edited:
Hey 2tricky4u, i gues u need to put the fuse back in place. As long as u replaced the old caps with new caps with apropriate values, u have no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…