Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need a circuit for switching 5 mhz 150v -150v

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyha04

as i have written i need a circuit that switches and creats a frequency of 5 mhz,
and switches 150v and -150v with transistors npn mpsa42, and pnp mpsa92.
i have tried switching with normal configuration oscillator connected to resistor in the base
of the transistors and the best frequency i have got was 500khz.
can someone give me the correct circuit.

+150 to -150 volts = 300 volts.

300 volts on a 300 volt part is questionable.

5mhz signal with 50mhz transistors; so the voltage gain must be less than 10.

I assume you mean 5 MHz, not 5 milliHerz

What type of load impedance are you trying to drive? Switching 5 MHz at ±150V into even a small capacitive load will dissipate a lot of power. For example, a 50pF stray load will dissipate 5.6W.

There transistors run fastest at 2 to 3mA. With this little current it will be hard to swing 300 volts in 100nS. The capacitive load is about 5pF from the transistors + stray capacitance. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back