Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need an interesting project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewordor henry

i am a 3rd year electrical and electronic engineering student and i need an interesting project in power electronics.

please i have never design a circuit before and i need help.

henry

Sewordor henry said:
i am a 3rd year electrical and electronic engineering student and i need an interesting project in power electronics.

please i have never design a circuit before and i need help.

henry

Then is better if you quit !
I been there and if get to the 3rd year without making something on your own then is to bad. :arrow:

STEVE

your screwed :x

damn, 3 years and haven't designed anything from scratch??? Not even designed your own modification to a circuit or kit??? ouch :x

These look like they would be fun to play around with **broken link removed**
:twisted:

That has quite a bit of power electronics to it.
Where abouts are you from?

and to continue the critisism...
You havnt even had to design a circuit in a lab or anything? In my 3 years, I've had about 4 or 5 semesters involving an EE lab. and I designed a circuit for controlling some LED's that I put in the roof of my car. here's a bad animation of them. **broken link removed**

Also, there are quite a few of my classmates that havnt designed anything on their own (outside of the labs)...I guess I'm just a Hardcore Electrical Engineer.

Why not start with a crystal radio , if nothing else it's good practice for winding your own coils.

Hey guys, hows it going?? I can't believe you havn't ever built your own circuit before. you are in your 3rd year of enginnering, and you've never built one? I am 12 years old, mantling and dismantling computers(built ones from scratch, maybe a cd drive from another computer), and your telling me you can't even make a circuit. I hope that your idea of a circuit is completely different then what i'm thinking.

Hyper-Coil Gun

Build a sequentially fired coil gun.
That is, utilize 3 or 4 individual sections of a standard inductive type coil gun, lined up in series, and firing a copper slug, or other suitable object. The idea is to discharge a storage capacitor in each of the several coil sections, at just the right moment, as the ring passes, in order to achieve a final velocity that is greater than only one coil would achieve by itself.

File:Coilgun animation.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that by itself is not enough of an objective, make a circuit to measure the velocity of the ballistic object, and display it on a readout.

Looking at the date of this thread the OP would now be in his seventh year.

Mike.

Considering that he was a 3rd yr student and never designed anything, he probably still is in school.

"I promise dad, this year I will graduate" :)

In first two years you are spending most of your studies on gen eds with some major preps. By year 3 you are given real projects to do. For exceptional students, they do independent study by year 2, and they actually have to do a project. I did an independent study in geology and my project used GPS to track fault line slippage at the elsinore fault line in the El Centro valley, Ca. My project did not produce great results due to the performance of the GPS. But you get the idea.

Last edited:
I think it is like this. The person that is going to become a good engineer is not going to ask for a project idea. For this person the idea's are swarming in his or hers head. The only problem they have is which of all their ideas to choose from.

Many students would only do a project when it is an assignment. For the inspired engineering student, they have already applied their knowledge that they have gained in yr 1 and 2 to develop many projects. By yr 3 they are like a young bird ready to fly, and the professor must put a clip on their wings to hold them back from the real world for another year.

These are the ones that become great engineers. It is all about passion in what you do. For a good engineer the subject is not something you study just to get a degree, you study it because it drives you and you want to learn more. This seperates the good engineers from the bad.

Last edited:
I need to make digital clock by using the following components as 74ls90, 7seg display, bcd and 555 can any one help or tell about complete schematic diagran thaxxxxxxxx.

Digitl Clock

:DI need to make digital clock by using the following components as 74ls90, 7seg display, bcd and 555 can any one help or tell about complete schematic diagran thaxxxxxxxx:p.

In first two years you are spending most of your studies on gen eds with some major preps. By year 3 you are given real projects to do. For exceptional students, they do independent study by year 2, and they actually have to do a project. I did an independent study in geology and my project used GPS to track fault line slippage at the elsinore fault line in the El Centro valley, Ca. My project did not produce great results due to the performance of the GPS. But you get the idea.

So untill your project you didnt design anything as part of courses tasks?

:DI need to make digital clock by using the following components as 74ls90, 7seg display, bcd and 555 can any one help or tell about complete schematic diagran thaxxxxxxxx:p.

No, what you need is to make your own thread. :rolleyes:

So untill your project you didnt design anything as part of courses tasks?

Other than lab classes, no I did not, but one should learn a thing or two in lab class, by yr 3 you should know enough to start design work.

I think it is like this. The person that is going to become a good engineer is not going to ask for a project idea. For this person the idea's are swarming in his or hers head. The only problem they have is which of all their ideas to choose from.

Many students would only do a project when it is an assignment. For the inspired engineering student, they have already applied their knowledge that they have gained in yr 1 and 2 to develop many projects. By yr 3 they are like a young bird ready to fly, and the professor must put a clip on their wings to hold them back from the real world for another year.

These are the ones that become great engineers. It is all about passion in what you do. For a good engineer the subject is not something you study just to get a degree, you study it because it drives you and you want to learn more. This seperates the good engineers from the bad.

Nothing to add.
Great points.

Other than lab classes, no I did not, but one should learn a thing or two in lab class, by yr 3 you should know enough to start design work.

You are right,
It just that everyone laughed at him like they all have been designing circuits since first semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back