Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I-V converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will put a variable resistor, but my ideia it´s put a R=300ohm. I will put my output to a PIC that´s has an 10 bit A/D and i will know what current it's passing through.
My ideia it´s correct?

leonel said:
I will put a variable resistor, but my ideia it´s put a R=300ohm. I will put my output to a PIC that´s has an 10 bit A/D and i will know what current it's passing through.
My ideia it´s correct?

Essentially YES!.

Hi,
I dont know about your application
but the standard practice in case of 4-20 mA current signal is to use a 250 ohm resistor which gives you voltage range of 1-5V which is one of the voltage standards (for signals in industrial automation like 4-20mA is current signal standard)

and also if you are using a 300 ohm resistor and 4-20mA range
your upper voltage will be 6V and if you are using PIC @ 5V then range of 5V to 6V cant be measured

actually having 5.1V full range and using only upto 5V is better because then you have 0.1V margin for tolerance for different components (like resistors) and that 0.1V can also be used for diagnosis purpose (if required in your circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back