Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want an opinion on this boost converter 5 volt to 50 volt

alexaamnda

Is this circle worth developing, knowing that I am a beginner?

Screenshot 2024-08-06 185557.png

No, a boost ratio of 10 is impractical to say the least. Small changes in duty cycle result in large changes in the output voltage. The boost ratio of 10 for the voltage means a reduction in the output current by the same factor. So, if you have 5V @ 1 Amp of input power you will have less than 50V @ 100mA of output power because no DC-DC power conversion scheme is 100% efficient. What you want to accomplish is doable with a converter using a transformer, but that might be a level of difficulty you are not ready for.

A more reasonable design for your application might be a 12V to 50V converter. The lower boost ratio will result in a more stable and controllable device.

No, a boost ratio of 10 is impractical to say the least. Small changes in duty cycle result in large changes in the output voltage. The boost ratio of 10 for the voltage means a reduction in the output current by the same factor. So, if you have 5V @ 1 Amp of input power you will have less than 50V @ 100mA of output power because no DC-DC power conversion scheme is 100% efficient. What you want to accomplish is doable with a converter using a transformer, but that might be a level of difficulty you are not ready for.

A more reasonable design for your application might be a 12V to 50V converter. The lower boost ratio will result in a more stable and controllable device.
Hello brother, thank you for interacting with me. Can you contact me to help me? I am a beginner.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back