I want an opinion on this boost converter 5 volt to 50 volt

No, a boost ratio of 10 is impractical to say the least. Small changes in duty cycle result in large changes in the output voltage. The boost ratio of 10 for the voltage means a reduction in the output current by the same factor. So, if you have 5V @ 1 Amp of input power you will have less than 50V @ 100mA of output power because no DC-DC power conversion scheme is 100% efficient. What you want to accomplish is doable with a converter using a transformer, but that might be a level of difficulty you are not ready for.

A more reasonable design for your application might be a 12V to 50V converter. The lower boost ratio will result in a more stable and controllable device.

Hello brother, thank you for interacting with me. Can you contact me to help me? I am a beginner.

I don't understand the nature of a 5-volt lamp that has 24 volts on it. When you say "operate 8 5-volt lamps" can you be more specific.

Some numbers:
If you have 8 lamps at 15 watts that is a total of 120 watts. From a 24V output of a DC-DC converter you will need 5 amperes of current because 24 x 5 =120. If we assume that your boost converter is 80% efficient, the required input power will be 120 watts / 80% = 150 watts. Now 150 watts from a +5 volt supply would require 30 Amperes of current. Such a supply would not be within the typical skill level or budget of a backroom hobbyist. At those power levels starting a fire or giving yourself a lethal shock from working on an open frame supply are distinct possibilities.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…